How to apply

You can apply for Support Funds if you meet the eligibility criteria. You can apply directly (self-refer) or through your employer or a disability service provider.

To apply for funding:

  1. download application forms here:

Training Support Application form

Training Support Application form accessible version

Job Support Application form

Job Support Application form accessible version

  1. You can fill in the application form online, but you must print it out and sign it
  2. Ensure you have all the required proof of identity and confirmation of disability documents to send to us with your completed application
  3. Once you have completed and signed the application form, and have all documents required, you can:
  • Post it to Support Funds at PO Box 30-341, Lower Hutt 5040, or
  • Scan the form and e-mail it to Support Funds [email protected]


If you have any questions about support funds, or would like an application form to be emailed or posted to you, contact Support Fund Services by:

Completed applications

If your application is accepted, Support Funds Services will let you know in writing. They will be in touch with you to put the supports in place.

If Support Funds Services consider your application does not meet the Support Funds criteria, they will forward your application to MSD for review and wider consideration. This is because Workbridge can only make decisions based on the Operational Guidelines.

If MSD declines your application, you have rights to review the decision.

How to request a review of decision

If your application is not successful, MSD will tell you in writing.

If you think you meet the criteria and should have been granted funding, you can request a review of decision. Your request to have the decision reviewed must be made within three months of the date of the decision.

The Review of Decision process is set out in the Operational Guidelines.


You can also ask Support Fund Services to send you a review application form by emailing to [email protected] or phoning toll-free on 0508 967 527.